What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My Premier Post

Greetings and salutations gentle readers! Allow me to introduce myself. The moniker I have chosen for this blog is "Coco." I believe that every woman deserves to own and wear a tiara, and that one can never have too many purses.

My previous blog did have some advice on the finer things in life, but I have scrapped that blog, and have started this one to focus on food, fashion, etiquette, travel tips, literature, movies, etc.

Some tips to help you enjoy this blog.

1. Google "Coco Chanel" and read about her. She was fabulous, and her style was timeless.
2. If you don't own a library card get one post haste. There is nothing worse than a person that has run out of adjectives and relies on curse words for "wit."
3. Go to an accessories store, and buy yourself a tiara if you don't already own one. Chores are much more amusing if you wear bling on your head.

I shall start with the topic of fashion. Please don't think that I am a label snob. I have experienced the softer side of Sears, and I believe you don't have to spend a lot of money to look classy. I love going to Stein Mart, TJ Maxx and clearance racks at department stores. I am not going to rehash what I have written in my previous blog, but here are some big dont's in WWCD World:

1. Don't buy anything that is labeled "Leslie Fay."
2. Wearing anything with epaulets or Music Man buttons is never acceptable on a shirt or blazer.
3. If you are redecorating your living room, and use a print from an item of clothing as your inspiration, said item is garish....trust me.
4. Novelty prints are never acceptable. No one will take you seriously if you sweater sports cute and fuzzy bunnies.
5. If you think something will look great once you lose five pounds, just put it down and step away......you will never wear it so don't even buy it.
6. If the item is constructed well but is a bit too big here and there, take it to the frickin' alterations place. They want to help you look better.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I'm enjoying your posts already. Do you plan to blog about fashion finds in Nashville?

Best,

Monica Powers
www.brandislanguage.com

9:49 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey said...

welcome to the blogosphere. can't wait to read more.

Jeffrey

10:22 PM  
Blogger Coco said...

If I am so moved. With my previous blog, which is no more, I was known to highlight super cool vendor websites, like 1154lill.com, and would on occasion post my shopping scores, especially if said item(s) was on sale!

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home