What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Thursday, July 06, 2006

A Study of Hands

First, I must say that the blogger meet up tonight was a great, fun time! Many thanks to WKRN and Nashville is Talking for getting us together.

So I got to thinking about first impressions. First impressions count folks, and the hand you offer in salutation says a lot about you. You do not have to get a manicure every week (but rawk on if you have the means and/or the time – personally I do not), but there are simple things you can do to make your hands look and feel nice. So take a look at your hands, what would they say?

Dry, rough hands – “Oh hi I work in a sandpaper factory.”
Bitten nails – “Oh hi my hobby is putting my hands in my mouth, what’s yours?”


What Would Coco Do?

1. Drink water, water, water. Everyone knows that hydration is important to having healthy skin. Hydrated skin is not dry skin. Um you do have skin on your hands folks.

2. Invest in lotion. This goes for guys too. It does not need to be anything fancy – just something that smells pleasing or perhaps is unscented for the boys unless you want to be called a girlie man. If you carry a purse keep a travel sized tube with you. Put lotion on your hands every night before you go to bed. It won’t be long before you will see an improvement.

3. Invest in a metal nail file. Those cardboard ones are crap.

4. If you work for a living like most of us, your nails should not be of a length that would make Dr. Fu Manchu proud. The best length is just above the fingertip, and the shape past the fingertip should mirror the shape of your cuticle.

5. I should not have to say this, but decals, airbrushing or other weird things put on the nail other than solid nail polish color is just plain tacky. See the below example for a serious no no (this fool even got her nails pierced).


6. Keep a little bottle of hand sanitizer with you at all times. Let’s face it, people have cooties, and if you have to shake a nail-bitten hand, there’s no telling where else that hand has traveled.

Following these simple rules should ensure that you always put your best hand forward.

3 Comments:

Blogger Coco said...

Yay Blake! So glad you share my aversion to cooties. Let's face it, people can be so gross.

Twas nice meeting you at the blogfest!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Sharon Collie said...

What would Coco do in a situation where she meets somebody and doesn't realize it's one of her blogging idols?!?!?!? UGH! I'm still kicking myself about that.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Coco said...

Coco would not trouble herself with that, especially since some people have so many "identities" that it would make Sybil proud! There are always other opportunities in this small world!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home