What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

10,000 steps

Coco is going to improve herself. That's right, the word "try" was not in the previous sentence, because that's just an invitation to fail in some instances.

This morning, I put on my sneakers, my pedometer, oh yeah and some clothes, and I walked. According to many, many sources, a sedentary person may average 1000 - 3000 steps per day. I think I would qualify as a sedentary lifestyle, at least during the week when I am a cubicle drone. At the conclusion of my walk, my pedometer said that I had taken over 4,000 steps, which is like two miles of walking.

I gotta tell ya, even though it was already humid like whoa, it felt really good to be out there. The sun was obscured by clouds, I saw many merry squirrels, and the few cars on the road did not use me for target practice. After a nice cool shower, I felt like a million bucks.

So today is going to be a 10,000 step day. That's about 5 miles. I still have my pedometer on, and am going to track just how much I move around during the course of a work day. Tonight I'll take another walk after dinner, and I bet I will have achieved my goal and then some.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pink Kitty said...

Coco, I wear a pedometer, too! Being healthy is always in season.

It has taken me several months, but my average is now over 11,000 steps per day. My nutritionist suggested breaking it up into 15 minute walks through out the day, that way you aren't overwhelmed with the daunting number of steps.

In order to get to 10,000 steps, you will need to walk for about an hour (either straight or broken up through out the day).

Now, I'm off for my mid-morning stroll around campus. Good luck to you in reaching that goal!

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home