What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Friday, August 18, 2006

Out There

This week I got up at 6:00 every day except Thursday, and got out into the morning air and walked two miles. Thursdays are tricky for me, because I can’t stand the thought of walking with the garbage cans at the curbs in my neighborhood like sentinels. Not quite sure what to do about that day, but I’m still proud of myself. I feel better, I have improved muscle tone, and I’m able to climb the hills with a bit more hop in my step. It’s a great feeling.

I love the action of walking. I don’t think I would be happy in a gym on a treadmill. The action of leaving your house, and walking (or running in the future) far away feels liberating. Not that my situation at home is bad, it’s really quite the contrary, but I feel that walking gives you space from whatever cares in life you may have, and you have time with yourself and your thoughts.

I can’t wait until the Fall. The humid morning air has been something to overcome, and I really look forward to a crisp Fall morning. We have tons of mature trees in Crieve Hall, and I can’t wait too see what they want to show me.

I haven’t reached my goal of 10,000 steps in one day, but I’m absolutely less sedentary than I was, and I’m proud of myself. So yeah, I’m giving myself a pat on the back. Go me!

There is always an excuse not to improve yourself. I’m tired, I drank too much last night, the planets are not in perfect alignment, etc. The Thursday garbage cans is the one excuse I’m going to get around. If you are sedentary, overweight, uninspired, I challenge you to dust off your sneakers, and get out there. You will feel better, and you will gain clarity of thought. Don’t be a spectator in life – be a participant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home