What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Friday, August 04, 2006

Sales Tax Schmales Tax

So this weekend is supposed to be busy for the retailers. The sales tax holiday here in Tennessee begins today. Whoopdeefreakindoo.

I am a conscientious objector to this holiday, and for good reason…..rampant discrimination.

Here is a list of taxable and exempt items.

The powers that be are discriminating against accessories friends. THEY ARE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST PURSES! I cannot participate in a holiday where purses and accessories are excluded in such a snobbish way. Don’t the powers that be realize that we need purses to hold our various little items? Do they expect us to walk around with our hands full? This cannot be tolerated.

Further examination of the list reveals that they are also discriminating against cosmetics. The powers that be are fine with the masses being clothed, they just don’t want us to be colorful and pretty. Nice way to be.

Jewelry is also not exempt. Don’t those fools realize that Tiffany’s opened here in Nashville this past week? Tragic.

So what am I doing instead? On this rare Saturday that I have off, the husband and I are cleaning out our garage, and then we are going to treat ourselves to a dinner somewhere very pretty. I will wear evening attire, there will be accessories, and dammit there will be makeup!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And yet, BRIDAL GOWNS are exempt.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No way!!!

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way!!

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home