What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Monday, August 07, 2006

Paying Sales Tax is Fun!

Coco paid sales tax all weekend. It was only right since I had to take a stand against purse discrimination.

Anyhoo...I had a lovely weekend. As I have said before, my dear and darling husband is a photographer by trade, and a very fine one indeed.

He shot this one at a wedding in Scotland....yep, the one on the other side of the Atlantic:



His job does not suck. But, because of the fact that he does travel, and is in great demand, we don't have a lot of down time. When we do have the occasional weekend off, we have to make it count.

Coco is a big believer in frequenting chef-owned non-chain restaurants, but I totally caved on Friday. I went to Outback. Sorry. I'm totally addicted to their filet covered in horseradish. So very excellent.

Although it was supposed to be beastly hot on Saturday, the sky on Saturday morning was overcast. Perfect time to clean out the garage. Cardboard was cut up in preparation for recycling, and many an errant peanut was swept up off the garage floor. It felt good to get that done.

Then we went to that shopping Mecca known as Cool Springs. We did not dare go to the mall, and I would have refused anyway since I loathe crowds, but we did go to Costco. We got solar landscaping lights. We installed them that afternoon, and they look pretty in our front flower beds. The only bad thing was that some mosquitoes decided I was delicious, and I really would like to scratch these bites down to the bone. God bless the person that made Benadryl cream.

We then took in a matinee of Pirates of the Caribbean 2. It was extremely entertaining, but I still think the first one was better. Every time Jack Sparrow did that foofy running style of his I laughed out loud.

That evening we went to mAmbü. We had a lovely meal. I started with the lobster sushi, and then had sesame encrusted tuna, cooked medium rare, accompanied by wasabi flavored rice and stir fried vegetables. Said entree was accompanied by a lovely glass of Pinot grigio. Heaven.

Sunday morning we went to church and did a bit more taxed shopping (kitty litter is also non-exempt. Bastards.). That evening I painted.

All in all, it was a good, relaxing weekend. I think the next weekend we have off is September 9. Boo.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were smart to avoid the galleria mall. Me.. not so much. Had to return something but it wasn't worth it because instead of giving me store credit (it was a gift) the idiot behind the counter (some foreign old lady in the lingerie department in Parisian's) put the money back on the credit card my friend used.

Plus the a/c in the mall was busted so I left after checking out the shoes.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home