What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Monday, August 14, 2006

Yay birthday time

My birthday is next week, apparently on the day that some people think stuff is going to start blowing up. I certainly hope and pray that this is not the case, but I'm not going to worry about what might be. Worrying just wastes brain energy.

Anyhoo....this time of year I get birthday discount postcards from my favorite places. I have one from SteinMart (yay purses!), one from a shoe store (I got a lovely pair of black mules), and one from Aveda.

So I visited Aveda this past weekend. My gift was a choice of one product from their Purefume Personal Blends Collection. So much fun! I decided to go for the body scrub, and then I got to choose from a variety of essential oils, one of which would be mixed into the item. I don't remember exactly what mine was, but I do remember gardenia and lime being two of the scents. I love the citrus.

Then I signed up for their Pure Privilege program. Great idea for people like me that love to spend money on their products. For a $10 one-time participation fee, you get four travel sized products and a cute little bag. From the time you join, you get 10 points for every dollar you spend, and you can redeem those points from a special a catalog of items. I'm going to need foundation pretty soon, so I a very excellent excuse to frequent the store again soon.

So as I said, next week is my birthday. I'm having my family birthday on Saturday, the 19th (one of the very few Saturdays we don't have a wedding), and my dear husband has ordered my favorite cake. It's a strawberry cake from The French Confection. I know the owner mostly for her work with wedding cakes, all of which are inventive and creative designs. The thing that distinguishes her cake from other bakeries is that it is always moist and well flavored. Her strawberry is my all time favorite. I can't wait!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pink Kitty said...

I love Aveda. I use their hair products exclusively.

It is the best at keeping the color in my hair for 3 months until I get around to seeing my stylist again.

And the Pure Priviledge program is a smart thing.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home