What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Task and Treat

I just got back from Walgreens so that the 100 or so kids that usually ring my doorbell on Halloween get their sugar fix. I stood in the long line, forked over too much money for delicious processed sugar, and will have to lug candy home. Let's not forget that tonight I will have to get up at least every two minutes to answer the door, and my dinner will be extermely interrupted.

I think the kids should prove their worth for the candy I will provide.

Perhaps they should perform feats of strength, like on Festivus. One piece of candy to the winner.

My car interior could use a good vacuuming. I'd say two pieces is a good wage for that chore.

My front flower bed needs weeding, I would give at least three Snickers Minis to the industrious goblin that takes on that task.

If the doorbell ringer is an older kid that has computer skills, they can come in and do data entry. We have tons of business receipts that need to be input for upcoming tax purposes. That's worth at least four pieces of candy.

If the Halloweenie decides not to do anything meritorious for the candy (I mean come on....it's not like anyone makes costumes anymore - creativity and personal craftsmanship would merit candy), then Dear Husband and I will be in candy for a good long time. It's all the kinds that we dig anyway.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Festivus for the rest of us!!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home