What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Coco Goes to Chicago

Dear husband and I are leaving for Chicago tomorrow morning. We have a wedding to shoot at a mid-19th Century Polish Orthodox HUGE church. I love doing ethnic weddings, and we've done all sorts. Off the top of my head, I remember doing a Persian wedding, Greek, Chinese and Orthodox Jewish. Each one was special and fun, but I remember the awesome sense of family, and togetherness. They were all such fantastic experiences, and the food was incredible. We've done Polish weddings before, but not in a city where there is such a big ethnic pool, and certainly never in a church comprised solely of a Polish congregation. I'm really looking forward to it, and of course, the reception and whatever lovely food will be served.

The husband and I make a point of going to Chicago at least once a year, usually during the Christmas season, when Michigan Avenue is absolutely teeming with holiday shoppers. I make a point of visiting The Mother Ship, also known as Neiman Marcus. They just don't design department stores like the ones you can find in Chicago and downtown New York anymore. It's a shame, so naturally I go when I can.

Not only do I get my shop on when I go to Chicago, we also seek out excellent restaurants. It is a sin not to enjoy deep dish pizza whilst in Chicago, and we like to go to Pizzeria Due. It is just down the block from their other restaurant, Pizzeria Uno, but Pizzeria Due is more charming. We have also had memorable dining experiences at Bice, The Chop House and Cafe des Architects. The list could go on forever. It's pretty much impossible to get a bad meal in Chicago, unless you go to some vile chain like the Hard Rock Cafe or Rainforest Cafe. Gag.

So, as I've said, we have a wedding there this weekend, and then ANOTHER in Chicago during Labor Day weekend. So we'll have lots of pretty memories of an excellent city.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Bice is where Caruthers and I had dinner right before he proposed! In Naples, FL though, not Chicago.

Have fun in Chi-town!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home