What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Yay it's my birthday!

Yep...today is my birthday.

The other night I was watching a rerun of Sex and the City. Miranda said that 42 was "her scary age." Today I am 35. That is not a scary age for me. In fact, I don't know that I have a scary age. In my opinion, age is just a number. A number does not guarantee happiness, wisdom or class. What you do with what you have is what will give you rewarding experiences in life and happiness.

Some people long for the party days they had in their 20's. I would not want to go back there, even though I had my share of fun. I was just a kid back then, and not the super classy lady you know and adore. Every day I learn something new, and I would not trade the experiences I have had (the good and the bad) with anything. I love where I am in my life right now, and I know that being able to say that is a great blessing.

So, let's see which super cool women share my birthday:

Giada De Laurentiis. Excellent chef. Isn't she pretty?


Singer Tori Amos.

Writer Dorothy Parker.

And last but not least, Cindy Williams. Yay Shirley!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Coco!!! 35 was my favorite year!

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday dahling!!!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy birthday! I, too, turned 35 this year and found that this was the age when age became less scary. I'm finally starting to embrace my age :) Enjoy.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Pink Kitty said...

Well, pooh - this is what I get for not scrolling down.

Happy belated birthday!!!!

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home