What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Monday, August 28, 2006

Coco in Chicago

Coco and Dear Husband were in Chicago this past weekend. Lamentably, it was a short trip, but I am consoled by the fact that I will be back for a longer, pretty time this coming weekend. We shot a Polish Catholic wedding, and I have the following observations and suggestions for anyone ever getting married at any time.

1. If you are getting married in August, in a church, in a town known for beastly humidity, please be sure that said church has air conditioning.

2. It's super great if you are on time for your wedding. For example, the wedding this weekend was set to begin at 1:00 p.m. The bride arrived around 1:10, with church decorations in hand. I could not bear to look at my watch once I saw that the church was about to be festooned in plastic flowers. The procession might have started around 1:30.

I must tell a "Coco is a badass story" now. After the wedding, we took the bridal party around Chicago for pictures. We stopped at a park by Navy Pier, Buckingham Fountain, and da Bean in Millennium Park. Coco was driving so that Dear Husband could egress the car in an expeditious manner. Coco kept pace with the old skool Chicago limo drivers. I bobbed, I weaved, I did just as the limo dewds did, and was not on the receiving end of any honks or flip-offs. Once we got to the reception, the limo driver congratulated me on my driving skills. Coco is one badass mambajahamba.

And now on back to the wedding list.

3. Don't have an outdoor reception in August in Chicago EVER. This couple did. Not only was it mad humid, but naturally the bugs found me delicious. I have been hosing myself in benadryl creme, but still feel like I need to duct tape oven mitts to my hands.

4. The only time it is acceptable to wear black pantyhose is in the late fall or winter. Friends, I saw not one, but TWO guests wearing black pantyhose at the reception. One lady even had open toed shoes on.....I almost swooned from the gruesome sight.

5. On the brighter side, I did see a few absolutely lovely outfits. One young woman in particular looked just stunning. She was wearing a sort of 70's Pucci inspired print dress, very long with a halter top. She complimented the outfit with a fabulous pair of espadrilles, the upper portion being an orange leather. The dress print was black, orange, and white mostly. Her hair was long and brown. I don't recall seeing any accessories, but with such a strong print they were not necessary. She was just stunning. I wish I had a picture to share with you. She looked absolutely perfect for the event.

6. Polish disco music is not good. Just trust me on this one. Don't go there.

We said our goodbyes at 12:30 p.m., and passed out in our hotel room shortly thereafter. We have another wedding in Chicago next weekend, and both the wedding and reception are outdoors. I am so hosing myself in Deep Woods Off for that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home