What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Your Epidermis is Showing

That's right. Skin. Your biggest body organ....so it needs to be taken care of properly.

So let's say your skin is like mine. That would mean you do the following things:

1. Avoid the sun like a vampire.
2. Drink tons of water.
3. Take a multivitamin every day.
4. Remove makeup every night and moisturize.

We've already talked about makeup, but if your skin isn't well taken care of, your makeup will not go on or stay on as nicely as you would like. Just like in painting, it is best to start with a canvas that does not have flaws. So let's take care of those flaws shall we?

I start with a gentle makeup remover. If the remover you are using stings your eyes....it's not gentle. I recommend Aveda's makeup remover. Yes....it is $15.00, but it goes a long way, and it is gentle, which means you won't have to scrub your eyes to get your mascara off, and that alone will help the delicate skin around your eyes. Well worth the $15.00.

Then, I use soap....nothing fancy. I like Aveeno. It is gentle, and has light exfoliation courtesy of the oatmeal, which is great for getting rid of those dead skin cells that can dull the complexion.

Regarding face moisturizer....it depends on the season. For the summer months, I prefer Cetaphil daily moisturizer with SPF. It's very light, has a sunscreen which everyone should use anyway, and it is very gentle. For the winter and fall, when my skin tends to be dryer, I prefer Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer with SPF. A little bit goes a long way, it is light, and gives my face the moisture it needs during those dryer months.

Caring for your skin should not be about slathering as much product as you possibly can. Too many products, especially those with tons of additives, can do more harm than good. Keep your regime simple, and your skin will thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home