What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Voting Conversations Overheard

I voted early, so I do not have a report of the polling places/lines of yesterday, but I did hear some interesting tales from fellow co-workers. I present them to you in no particular order, without embellishment or added personal opinions.

1. One co-worker said that she has never registered to vote, because she is afraid of being called for jury duty.

2. One co-worker tried to early vote in Williamson County, but the line was too long, so he left. He did vote yesterday, and waited 45 minutes in line.

3. One co-worker, who moved here from Houston over a year ago, went to her designated polling place with her Tennessee issued registration card in hand, but was told she could not be found in the computer, and therefore could not vote. This was yesterday morning. She was going to go back in the evening, and hoped for a better result.

4. One co-worker's husband is in the hospital in Columbia, Tennessee. There was a polling place across the street from the hospital. The co-worker called about the possibility of her husband casting his vote there, but was told he could not. Therefore he did not vote.

Casting one's ballot is a personal, and hopefully informed decision. I am proud of every person that took the time to vote, no matter what choices they made. I think as Americans we take the conveniences of life and our freedoms for granted sometimes. It is important that we never forget that people fought and died for the rights that we have, and still do to this day.

I know Coco does not tend to get political, but who could not be thinking politically at such a time as this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home