What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Scoop Has Meaning

I'd like to say people can be animals, but then that would be insulting to the animals. Let's just say that people can be really gross. We all know this, have seen gross things, and have moved on with life.

I am leaving my current employment situation for a better opportunity. I am not leaving here on bad terms - quite the contrary actually - but for some reason NOW I am privvy to certain occurrences and goings on in the firm.

Today I went to a group lunch, included among the group was our excellent runner. Fear the staff you higher-ups....they see all....they know all.

So as we were waiting for the check, he told us that a whole lot of the men here at my situation do not wash their hands after using the restroom. Okay I know that men can be gross, and I guess think they will not pass staph infections throughout their working environment. This is why unisex bathrooms are generally a bad idea. Women would see that men do not wash their hands, and I guess turn lesbian. Babies would not get created, and world symbiosis would be super-screwed up.

Okay I'm getting off track - back to what our runner said.

Now it is bad that they do not wash their hands, but their next steps are even more horrific.

He has witnessed them go directly into the kitchen, and either:

1. Open the door to our beverage refrigerator, or
2. Thrust their dirty hands into the pretzel and animal cracker bins.

Folks these men I speak of are college-educated, make six figures, and are basically upstanding members of society.

The firm generously supplies snackage for us, and also provides handy scoops so that we can have opportunity to appreciate our opposable thumbs and dexterity. It seems a number of men here do not care, and want everyone to die because they are lazy.

So if it sounds like I am being severe on men, well, I am. Sorry if you are a guy that is super awesome, washes his hands, and chooses not to be gross. This post was not intended for your eyes. Whenever I have been in the ladies room, I have always witnessed other ladies washing their hands.

Please wash your hands. Please use provided scoops for snackage after washing your hands if you want to partake of treats intended for everyone. It would be most inconvenient for the entire office to get sick because you are lazy and gross.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow. That is disgusting.

Amen. Great post.

But it's sad that a blogger has to point this out to college educated, grown men. Yuck.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home