What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Monday, April 02, 2007

Nashville is not Nantucket y'all

If you have read past Coco entries, you know that Coco frequents wedding receptions on a regular basis. This past weekend Dear Husband and I did shoot a wedding, and the reception was at a local, super popular, extremely chic watering hole.

The wedding was small and rather casual, and the reception was on a larger scale at the above-mentioned watering hole. I saw people in all states of dress....chic cocktail dresses to jeans on ladies, and suits to shorts and flip-flops on men. Fine.

But I must comment on something I saw on one male guest that almost made me lose my composure, and just laugh out loud. I shall paint the picture.

Blue button-down, long sleeved shirt. Collar not popped. I'm fine so far.
Dark brown loafers, no socks. Uhhhh okay radar still not going off.
Pink seersucker shorts with embroidered whales festooned all over them.

Please allow me to repeat my last statement.

PINK SEERSUCKTASTIC SHORTS WITH FRIGGIN WHALES EMBROIDERED ALL OVER THEM.

I found the following website that offers these vile shorts, and here is a picture of the offensive whales on the offensive seersucker.



This fool wore these shorts to a wedding reception. A WEDDING RECEPTION PEOPLE. Said reception occurred not at a marina, or at a sandy locale, but a trendy bar right here in Music City. Here is a picture of the shorts, but sadly I could not find an example with the tragic fabric and print:




Coco loathes novelty prints of all sorts, but this is just overboard. Men? Would you like women to laugh at you behind your back? Then, by all means, please buy these shorts. We will stare at each other in utter shock, telepathically transmitting the tragedy we cannot believe we are witnessing, and we will consider it payback for the sadist that convinced women that 4 inch platform heels are super comfy and wonderful.
Now I understand that this look is rather popular amongst the moneyed set, but I must remind my gentle readers that Nashville is not Nantucket.

3 Comments:

Blogger Newscoma said...

Okay.
I adore you.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

"Coco loathes novelty prints of all sorts, but this is just overboard."

Yes, this style is definitely overboard...a whale of a fashion faux pas.

I feel it would go well with someone sporting the ever-popular popped collar.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back - I have missed you.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home