What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Painting Frenzy

I have been painting like mad folks. A dear friend has asked me to supply some paintings for her store, so I have been working on a series of paintings. They are my circular flowers, all in different shaped vases, and the backgrounds of the paintings are painted in complimentary shades. The size on the series I'm doing right now is 5x7, but I also have some 5x5 canvases that I will work on this weekend. The square canvases will be of the flower heads by themselves.




I really love painting these flowers. I love the action of applying the paint to the canvas, and seeing the way the colors dance in the circular shapes of the flower petals. I can't seem to tear myself away from making the petals in circles. I have tried other shapes, but I get mad at them. There's something about the circle that just makes me happy. There's nothing wrong with painting happy my friends.



They will look somewhat similar in theme to the below painting, which I love, and am happy to report that the friend I gave it to loves it as well.


So this is my reason for lack of posting. It seems when my brain is focused on one creative endeavor, that is all I can do. I am totally excited about my paintings being sold, and people in different places enjoying them. This is a great time for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home