What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Monday, November 12, 2007

Sequins, feathers and drag queens oh my!

Coco attended Artrageous this weekend with a group of faboo friends, and we had tons of fun. The theme this year, which is the 20th anniversary of the event, was "Oz" and hoo boy did some folks have fun with that! For example:

1. Did you know that Glinda the Good Witch is actually a 6'5" man with a huge pink dress, silver crown and a blond wig? No lie.
2. The flying monkeys live on, but now they dress much better.
3. Ruby red slippers are now made by Louboutin.
4. The Dorothy look knows no gender. One guy even made a pair of kicky overalls out of the blue and white gingham.

I believe our merry group went to six galleries in total before the after party. I say "believe" because at every stop there was drink, and food and more drink. Many people chartered limos or party buses for the evening (we had a bus that later turned into a stretch Hummer) and that was rather genius, because I was happy happy joy joy in no time from the spirits. Drinking and driving is for stupid people with a death wish y'all.

The after party was at City Hall, and I danced, danced, danced. I must say though, I have never heard as much Whitney Houston, Cher, and Madonna together in my live-long life. I also found it rather hilarious that there was a line for the men's room all night. NOW THEY KNOW HOW THE GIRLS FEEL!

We got home around 1:00 in the morning. Folks - I haven't seen 1:00 in the morning in a long time, and hoo boy Sunday morning was quite a treat. I was sore and had a mighty headache. We managed to get ourselves to church, but the rest of the day consisted of me on the couch with a cuppa tea. I did manage to cook a lovely roasted chicken dinner (best kitchen perfume ever) that evening, and am happy to report that my brain feels much improved today.

The Wizard of Oz was on the TV last night. How funny is that for timing!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carlita said...

Coco darling...

What about the Art? You didn't even mention it...

Carlita

11:35 AM  
Blogger Coco said...

Carla - you would not believe the crush of humanity at all of the venues. It was all I could do to balance my drink and food whilst making my way through these various places. I was able to look at some of the art, and it was interesting and inspiring, but for the most part it was all about getting in, finding the bar, people watching, and getting out!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home