What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Coco's Cuisine

Coco can throw down in the kitchen y'all. I enjoy entertaining and cooking a lot, but because of my busy schedule and my level of tiredness when I get home, the cuisine that comes out of my cucina has become more simple, and I do take shortcuts.



I am not suggesting that you watch Sandra Lee. She is a minion of Satan's cook. I cannot believe that they gave that fool a show. Let us never forget the dessert debacle she called the Kwanzaa cake:





Is that not the foulest thing you have ever seen? Just don't watch that show. It is pure evil.



One of my favorite time saving meals comes from the Bertoli line of skillet dinners.






My favorite is the chicken alla vodka & farfalle, and my husband loves the chicken florentine & farfalle. These are so extremely easy to make. You open the bag, throw the contents in a skillet or the microwave, and voila you have dinner. I also like that there is a goodly amount of veggies. This is a good, quick, balanced meal for a tired Coco to prepare. The vodka pasta has asparagus (yum) and the florentine one has spinach. My husband actually licks the plate (thankfully I only serve this when we are NOT having company). Of course with any creamy pasta dish, there are calories, but a cal-fest every now and then is okay, as long as you have a healthy diet in general.

Heh I sound like I am a shill for Bertoli, but trust me I am not. They have not given me any money, but I have sure given them a lot of my grocery dollars.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pics :).
I'm too lazy to make something like that, I buy my pies, cupcakes :D.
Or chocolate, like Bouchard Belgian chocolate http://www.bouchard.be/en/node/10 , really tasteful :D.

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home