What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Buh bye 2007

I had all sorts of time off during this holiday season, thanks to the super awesome, generous place where I work. When I am off, I rarely touch the computer, since I stare at one every single work day, so that is the excuse I am using for the lack of posting.

I know alot of bloggers are doing their "Wow - 2007 blah blah" retrospective posts, but I will not bore you with that. There was some goodness for me last year, and there were things that sucked. 2007 is done, and we are now in 2008. Resolutions blow, so I'm not going to make any.

I had a fantastic holiday break. It consisted of me and Dear Husband, mostly in the house, being vegetables. I cooked, I painted, I did seriously useful things around the house, and most importantly I decompressed. It seems like my life is always jam-packed with things to do. My vacations are spent mostly traveling to out-of-town weddings to shoot with Dear Husband, so having time lounging around the house is an extreme luxury.

I enjoyed lazy afternoons with Scooter doing her best impression of a purring hot water bottle on my lap.

New Year's Eve was spent with our friends Tim and Carla. Carla made us a fantastic Mexican dinner, and really strong Margaritas. Then we played dominoes (FUN!!!) until the ball dropped, and of course Carla and I were wearing our tiaras the entire time.

We got home around 2:00 in the morning, and were awakened mid-morning by some other friends inviting us out to Cracker Barrell for breakfast. There's not better hangover cure than a fried breakfast, so Dear Husband and I got ready in lightning speed, and we had a super nummy breakfast with good friends. Upon returning to the house I did laundry (or I was going to have to go commando the next day) and started working on my next painting. I am really digging the idea of doing funky roosters - lots of color and motion, but we shall see.

Last night we dined at my brother-in-law's house. The food was delicious (especially since I did not have to cook - YAY) and then we watched the most dreadful movie I have seen ever. For serious I am ashamed to even mention what movie it was, but alas it was the movie that was offered, so there I sat. Granted, I did laugh a few times, but mostly because the bad taste represented on screen was beyond comprehension, and the only thing that I coud do was laugh.

And now I am back in the swing of things. Today feels weird. The calendar says it is a Wednesday but I am having a hard time believing that fact, since it totally feels like a Monday, but I am happy that it is another short week, and look forward to another lovely weekend.

p.s. I finished my last work in my flower vase series. This is a bigger piece - I think 12 x 14. I've decided to keep this one. Dear Husband wired the back for hanging, and then did so in our bedroom. I absolutely love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home