What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Monday, May 07, 2007

No Fear Here Thankyouverymuch

I do not have many girlfriends. I have tons of girl-acquaintances, but the term "girlfriend" is reserved for extremely special and super cool women in my life. I can easily say that I have less than ten girlfriends.

Some of my girlfriends know about my blog. This is coolness, because my girlfriends inspired me to create my blog. We correspond regularly by e-mail, and my prose made them chortle, so a-blogging I went.

What I now say is out of love. Dear sisters of snark - if you send me some bullshit forwarded chain e-mail about how if I don't keep the chain going I will be:

1. cursed
2. zapped of my beauty
3. responsible for the death of an ocelot
4. unloved

I will promptly trash it. It is not because I don't love you, or care about the on-its-face sentiment of you sending it to me, but it is due to the subtle, underlying reason behind it.

Fear. Those e-mails convey a message of fear.

I believe in God. I have great faith in God. 2 Timothy 1:7 says "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." I trash these e-mails because I know the source of my blessings. I do not have to rely on luck or forwarded e-mails for quality of life.

I am sorry if my girlfriends that read this message that have forwarded e-mails to me take offense at this. I think offense at times is the sign of a true friend, because you do not gloss and glaze over things, you bring them to the forefront, and deal with them. If I did not care about my girlfriends, I would have just junked the e-mail, and let it go until I received the next forwarded e-mail and promptly junked that too.

This is written out of love. I hope that my snarky sistahs know the love of God, the promises of God, and have a life of peace and prosperity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home