What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Flowers on the Brain

Aaaaaand here are the last four paintings that will go to my friends store in time for Christmas shopping.


I am extremely pleased with how they turned out. These are 4"x12" and all the paintings I have shown on my blog are "gallery wrapped," which means the canvas continues around the side of the painting. On these particular works, I painted the color of the flower on the face of the canvas as the border color, so they all looked very finished, happy and bright.

So tonight I shall carefully wrap my paintings, and they will be delivered to my dear friend on Friday. As luck would have it, she will be in Nashville for a party. Yay for no shipping costs! I cannot wait to see these on display in her store.

It will be strange not to be surrounded by these 16 paintings. The corner of my living room where my easel resides has been an explosion of colorful flowers for so long. I will be sad to see them go, but happy to know that others will be able to enjoy them. Once these little guys have left, I shall return to working on my big floral work. It is 12"x14" (maybe bigger) and the background color is in shades of blue. I used my knife to apply the color, so there is a really cool texture going on. I think after this, I will have the flowers out of my system. Then on to the next series!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home