What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Friday, December 14, 2007

I'm in the mood for bread

Dear Husband is on his way out to the east coast for a shoot. Although I hate it when he is away, having a precious Saturday to myself gives me time to do things that I usually don't have time to do.

I'm gonna make bread products.

I have the yeast, the flour and the inclination, so I'm going for it. Plus the smell of anything yeasty baking in your oven is the best house perfume ever.

So what am I making do you ask? I'm gonna make bagels, and if I am not too exhausted from that I might even make taralli. Taralli are basically Italian pretzels, and they are so fabulous. When I went to school in Italy, I first stayed with my traveling mate's Nonna (grandmother) in southern Italy. She gave us a bag of homemade taralli for our train trip to school in Perugia, and I'm pretty sure I inhaled the whole bag. Any savory or kicky spice is a wonderful accompaniment to taralli. Hers were flavored with rosemary. I'm going to make a batch with rosemary and another with crushed red pepper. These are so great with a glass of wine
So it will be just me, the kitties, flicks that my husband would never want to see (of the chick variety sans a lot of shit blowing up) and a whole lot of bread products this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home