What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Land of Misfit Projects

I don't know what is wrong with me, but recently I have noticed a disturbing trend.

I have been completing projects that have been hanging over me, staring at me, yes even mocking me for many moons.

For example, I made my bosses very nice hand knit scarves for their Christmas presents. Our party is on Thursday so there was a deadline for serious.

Said scarves were completed on Saturday, and wrapped with care. Record time y'all.

Then last night I did some mending that I had been ignoring for over a year. Last night those garments were put back in the closet in their rightful place. Unheard of. How am I supposed to function without dodging that pile?

There is one project that is looming that I am not sure I will ever have the strength to do.

The dreaded editing of one's wardrobe.

I know that if you haven't worn something in over a year, the chances are pretty slim that you will not wear it. I have quite a few garments that fall into that category, and some garments that just don't fit anymore. I keep telling myself that yes, I will go on a diet, I will get motivated to exercise regularly, I will get a tapeworm, but alas these things have not happened. I would gain so so much closet real estate if I did this task. Y'all if you ever hear me say that I have done this I'll probably be committed to a padded room shortly thereafter.

But I am being realistic. This project will be done just as soon as I win the powerball, and I can hire Tim Gunn to be my bestest friend and shopping buddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home