What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Chicago Part Two

Okay now I shall tell the tale of our second trip to Chicago. It was over Labor Day weekend, and we had a wedding to shoot on Friday, September 1 in suburban Chicago. The wedding was a breeze. The couple was very laid back, and we were glad to have the business part of our trip over so that we could play the rest of the time. Here's one of the photos......dear husband shot some great stuff!



The week before, when we shot the Polish wedding, the weather was humid and just beastly hot. The weather was polar opposite for this trip. It was in the 70's with a lovely breeze and not a drop of humidity. The sky was turquoise blue. I have never known Chicago weather like that. We always seem to be there when it is unbearably humid, or super cold and snowy.

So Saturday was ours, and we did not have a care in the world. We stayed in downtown, just off Michigan Avenue close to the Burberry store. We did venture in a couple of shops, but it was just a sin to be indoors on such a temperate day, so we took our time, and investigated the overlooked side streets in search of architectural treasures. We were not disappointed. For lunch, we ended up at Pizzeria Due, which is sorta catty cornered to Pizzeria Uno, but is just more charming. Dear husband had the original deep dish, and I had the 4 cheese, because I don't like a lot of meat on pizza. It was super nummy nums.

We walked all over Chicago that day, and at one point wound up lying on the grass at Millennium Park under the shade of an oak tree, just looking at the perfect sky. There were people of all shapes, sizes and ethnicities there, having picnics, studying, playing with children. It was lovely.....that's all I can really say.

I think we must have walked 5 or 6 miles, so we were a bit tired, and headed back to the hotel for a nap before dinner. I usually do not indulge in naps, but dammit I was on vacation!

That evening we had one of the most gorgeous meals I have ever had in my entire life. The restaurant was right next to our hotel, so we didn't have to worry about drinking too much. The restaurant Les Nomades, was exactly what fine dining should be, and everyone should experience at least once in their life. Every single patron was dressed to the nines. Fresh cut flowers were everywhere in big arrangements, impeccable art and furnishings, extremely attentive wait staff, etc. Dinner was five courses, and took three hours. I finished dinner with the most luscious Grand Mariner souffle I have ever consumed. It was like a delicate orange cloud. After coffee, we went back to the hotel to a good night's sleep.

The next morning we were on our way back to Nashville, but our heads were filled with pretty memories of a perfect trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home