What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Monday, September 18, 2006

Coco Does Domestic

Greetings gentle readers. I am back refreshed from a weekend that had no agenda, but I still did a whole bunch of stuff. I know you are just DYING to know what I did, so I shall tell you in great detail. Martha Stewart has NOTHING on me!

Lamentably I had to stay a bit late at work Friday night, so we spent that evening enjoying a lovely meal of pork chops, green and wax beans (wax beans are yellow and nummy and similar in shape to green beans) and mushroom cous cous. Then, we just chilled in front of the TV with the kitties. Usually Friday nights would be spent at a wedding rehearsal and then the dinner, so a Friday night at home is a lovely thing.

Saturday we took our time getting up, and then ran around the Cool Springs area on errands. I had a Wal Mart gift card burning a whole in my pocket, so I treated myself to some lovely peach mango body wash, some needed acrylic paint, and a couple other little odds and ends. We then enjoyed our lunch at Chik-fil-a (their waffle fries are the best!) as far removed from the kiddie jungle gym as possible. We took a non-interstate route home, down winding roads, past big McMansions, enjoying the pretty weather and sun.

Once home, I started a new painting for a dear friend, watched my favorite Abbott & Costello movie (The Time of Their Lives) and RELAXED. Are you familar with that word? It was a strange experience for me. I always feel like I should be doing something whilst sitting down, whether that be knitting, folding laundry, etc. But I just sat, relaxed, and watched a movie. It was great. Later that evening we enjoyed the most perfect pork tenderloin I have ever made, accompanied by tiny roasted potatoes and carrots. Also, I figured since we never have a weekend to ourselves, I popped open a bottle of champagne for an aperitif. Yum. Dessert was simple, lovely chocolates with biscotti served with a dessert wine, Moscato. It was so sweet it almost ripped my head off.

Sunday morning was spent at church, dear husband was craving Sonic for lunch, so I succumbed and had my diet cherry limeade fix, along with someother naughty fried things that I am trying to forget.

I don't know what happened to me once I got home. It's like some other woman that was possessed with domestic inclinations invaded my body. I did laundry, I folded said laundry, I made organic wheat bread from scratch, I made chocolate flan for dessert, I cleaned the kitchen, I also painted on my latest commission more. For dinner we had more of the pork tenderloin (which was still so excellent), the pork was accompanied by the lovely potatoes and green beans, with a very nice Pinot Grigio to wash it all down. Dessert was my yummy chocolate flan.

I don't know who that domestic goddess was that invaded my body, but I am now pretty caught up on laundry (dear husband was going to have to go commando if I did not to some), and I had some lovely wheat toast for breakfast. Thank you domestic goddess, thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home