What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Friday, September 15, 2006

Weekend Fun

I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am that this weekend has finally arrived. Because of dear husband's thriving photography business, we have very few weekends off. When we do have the weekend, we try to make the most of it, which sometimes means having no real agenda, and just concentrating on having a pretty time.

So we have this weekend off. Saturday is supposed to be gorgeous and sunny. I am cooking a lovely pork roast for dinner. All I want is to feel the sun on my face, and spend time with my husband doing whatever we please.

Do you folks that live in Nashville realize that if you travel 1/2 hour in practically any direction you can get lost in the country? That is one of the great things about living here. In metropolitan areas, it is standard to drive from one city to the next without realizing it, because the only way of knowing you are in a different city is because there is a welcome sign! If you have not explored the surrounding country, I challenge you to do this weekend. Go to Leipers Fork and walk around the antique shops and tiny houses. Drive along the Natchez Trace. Go to Lynchburg and take a free tour of the Jack Daniels Distillery. The list could go on forever. Pick a direction, and go!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is Leipers Fork? I love antiques!!!

10:58 PM  
Blogger DigitalRich said...

If you are coming from Nashville, the most scenic, and direct, route is to head straight south on 431 (21st Ave while it's in Nashville). Stay on it past Brentwood, and you will see a sign for 46 West/Leipers Fork on your right. Once there, you are about 12 miles away. Stay on 46 West (you will cross over 96) and it will take you right into our town. The drive is absolutely amazing once you leave Hillsboro Road and start out on Old Hillsboro Road (46). Enjoy!

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home