What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Bluetooth Borg Nation

As I was gathering my things to leave for work this morning, I noticed a new item on the kitchen table.

A bluetooth. My husband bought a bluetooth.

Although I hate the bluetooth, and how nerdy and self-important wearers look with the stupid thing tethered to their brain, I can totally understand why he did this. Dear Husband is a sole proprietor, and he is often in his car, which has a manual transmission. I try not to call him whilst he is out and about, because I am concerned that he is trying to drive and answer my call. Now it will be much safer for him to drive and conduct business on the phone.

Y'all I am concerned. Do you see what is happening? It started innocently enough with novelty items, like the beer guzzler hat. Said hat can provide the wearer with beer or other nutritious liquids.

Then everyone and their brother needed to have an ipod. Music, podcasts and other information were plugged into our ears and fed into our brains.

And now we have the bluetooth. The most high tech, futuristic looking gizmo of the bunch. I am not going to post a picture of it. If you don't know what one is it is a wonder that you found my blog or even know how to turn on a computer. I have seen tons and TONS of people with this technology attached to their heads. They wear it walking, driving, eating in restaurants, and I bet some people even sleep with it. Are you scared yet?

It is only a matter of time before we are assimilated. Resistance is futile.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article as for me. I'd like to read a bit more concerning this topic. The only thing it would also be great to see here is a few photos of such gadgets as gps blocker.

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home