What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Creepy Things

Here is a short list of things that either creep me out and/or freak me out. Why have I chosen this topic? Because it is random and rather funny if I do say so myself. So here they are in no particular order.


1. Those Oompa Loompas from the original Willie Wonka movie. Eww ewwwww EWWWWWW I hate those little unnaturally brown guys. I hate their makeup, their hair, their dancing, that creeptastic song they sing. I could go on forever. WHY WAS I ALLOWED TO WATCH THIS AT SUCH AN IMPRESSIONABLE YOUNG AGE? I blame my parents for the wound in my psyche. For serious - how is this a lovely fun film that children should dig? It's all about bad kids getting their come-uppance in rather violent or macabre ways. Not cool. I am not posting a picture of those dang things, because thats how much they creep me out.

2. Kites. Now, I am fine seeing a pretty kite in the air, but holding the string whilst the kite is launched far, far into the atmosphere gives me the heebie jeebies. It's like I am afraid that I will be carried away with it. Yes, I know I could simply just let go of the kite if it creeps me out that much, but the idea of letting go of the kite freaks me out too.

3. The big friggin whale at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City. I was born and raised in New York, and we would often go on field trips to this museum. Taxidermy in general makes my skin crawl, but there is a special place of fear for the big friggin whale. Here's a picture in all its creepy splendor:



Do you see those people walking down the stairs to the side of the whale? They are ants in comparison. That is how big the behemoth is. It is basically impossible to not walk under the whale when you are down on that level, or view it up close as you were walking down the stairs, but as a child I did my best to stay on the perimeter. I was always afraid that the whale would fall and crush me, or it would suddenly come to life a la the Clash of the Titans Thetis statue.



You'd better believe that I did not see that movie Night at the Museum. Oy vey I would have to be sedated before and afterwards.

4. Oh yeah, let's not forget statuary. Yep, Clash of the Titans scared the fertilizer out of me when the above statue started talking. I'm fine viewing statuary in a museum or in the light of day, but I HATE it at night. I feel like they are following my movements with their vacant eyes as I pass by.

So do shrinks see visions of dollar signs? Perhaps, but my randomness about creeptastic things is what makes me what I am, so they can just step off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home