What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Coco Paints Again

I got a call from my bro-in-law yesterday afternoon - he said that they were going to have cake and pie in celebration of my sister's birthday on Tuesday night.

Yep tonight. So I got to thinking - I knew there was no time to shop, and I really did not want to get her a gift certificate, so I decided to paint her something. Sister and I have very different styles, but I knew she would dig this:

She has a t-shirt with a design similar to this on it, and she likes quirky, macabre things, so I think she will enjoy this. I must say that I really enjoyed painting this. I liked the fact that I could produce something I was proud of that isn't necessarily in my genre. It's good practice for future commissions right?

Mother Nature was quite the saucy minx last night. Just as I squeezed my colors onto my pallete my living room (oh yeah and the rest of the house) went dark. Painting in the dark is not really an optimal environment, but there is a big window by my easel, so I cranked open the blinds, and was able to work until the lights came on about 5 minutes later. Good thing those lights came on. If I missed Hell's Kitchen I was going to be super-pissed. I just love it when that potty mouth Gordon Ramsay calls his minions "donkeys" hehehhehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home