What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Monday, June 18, 2007

Coco Strips in the Car!

As mentioned in my last entry, Dear Husband and I shot a wedding on the east coast this weekend.....Norfolk, Virginia to be exact. We broke our journey in Williamsburg to tend to some errands, and then continued along 1-64 towards Norfolk with two hours to spare before the wedding rehearsal.

We were 1/2 hour late to the rehearsal. Folks.....we are NEVER late to a wedding rehearsal. In fact, we are usually the first people to arrive. We always attend the wedding rehearsals, because then we figure out who everyone is, where everyone will be standing, and all the parties involved are generally more comfortable and relaxed on the wedding day after we have spent time with them. Familiarity is a good thing.

In a place I like to call Fantasy land, also known as Google Maps, the journey should take about 45 minutes. Allow me to introduce you to the capitol of Fantasy Land, the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel.

Anyone that thinks they can go the posted speed limit of 55 m.p.h. is a flipping liar. About 30 miles away from our destination, every car stops, and we creep along at the speed of a glacier. The HRBT is notorious for backing up for no reason before the tunnel opening, but 30 miles out is just crazy. Once you reach the other side, the traffic clears up like nothing ever happened. Are people afraid of the dark? I think so.
Naturally, Dear Husband and I were mental. The great irony of this is that the church is JUST on the other side of the bridge. We figured if we were lucky, we would make it in time to check into our hotel, do a quick change into our nice outfits, and be at the church on time.
Yeah we were so wrong. When we realized we would have to check in after the rehearsal, we decided that we had to change outfits in the car. Dear Husband already had a nice silk button-down shirt on, so he just had to change pants in 5 m.p.h. traffic, and put on his dress shoes and socks. No problem there.
Y'all Coco is not an exhibitionist. Thankfully our luggage was in the back seat, and I was able to pull my outfit out of the garment bag, and changed my top with all the dexterity and modesty of a teenage girl changing in the gym locker room for the first time. After the shirt, the rest was easy, and not exposed to window glass.
In retrospect, it was a pretty funny experience for me. I've never had to do that before. So did Coco receive strange looks from any cars? Nope not one. I guess what happens on the HRBT stays on the HRBT. Except for now, because I just blogged about it. Oops.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate that $%^#@ tunnel!

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home