What Would Coco Do?

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Coco Chanel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I love the finer things in life, and I love writing. That's why I'm here. Want Coco to review your product? E-mail me at cococares@gmail.com!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Creative Coco

I can't begin to tell you how much I love being creative. I try to be creative in every part of my life.

1. I enjoy cooking - a lot. Entertaining 12 people? No problem. Do I want help? Yes only if that help is in the form of helping yourself to a nice glass of wine, and being entertained whilst I am in the kitchen with my space unfettered.

2. I am working on a new painting. It is a landscape that features an apple orchard. I have a dear friend that is looking at opening a business, and she is interested in selling my paintings at said business. It is a touristy town, and she said bears, apples and items of the like are big sellers. So I'm working on what I want my apples to look like.

3. I have fleshed out the introduction, and the first two chapters of my book. Y'all I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am about this particular creative pursuit. Everyone that I have shown my outline to has had great things to say. A major part of the book revolves around the building I work in, which is a historic building in downtown Nashville with an extremely colorful past. Write about what you know. Well, I know tons about early 20th Century history, I love Nashville and I love this building. The building has 15' high original windows, gorgeous woodwork, original huge doors with fancy knobs, and even a secret passageway. How could I not write about this? Wouldn't it be funny if my book took off, and people wanted a tour of the building? Whoa that would be crazy, but in a good way.

It is my hope and prayer that someday I can be full-time creative. It will happen at the right and perfect time. I know it will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home